Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Looking For a Better Day!

My last post was about Tyler having his wisdom teeth removed, and all has gone downhill since. His surgery was on the 26th and I thought he was going to get through it with no problem...and then on the 30th he woke up with jaws swollen so huge that he resembled Marlon Brando in "The Godfather". How ironic...that is his favorite movie.
I had an appointment with my dentist for a crown that afternoon, so Tyler went with me. It turns out that he had a serious infection and the doctor gave him clindamycin. He had problems swallowing the capsule, so I told him just to eat food after taking the meds to push the pill on down. From Tuesday til Friday night he was miserable because he could hardly eat and it felt like the pills were lodged in his throat. Needless to say he was not a happy camper, because Tyler is a big guy and he really likes to eat. So he stopped taking the pill and went to the doctor on Monday. Turns out he has non symptomatic acid reflux and the strong antibiotic had caused it to flare up. He is now on medication for that. Tell me, how difficult is it going to be for me to get Hayden to have her wisdom teeth removed next summer after all this drama?

And if that isn't enough excitement for one week, our 8 month old retriever, Macy, started acting sick on the night of the 4th. Sunday morning we checked on her and she could hardly walk, so we called our vet. Wade left with Macy, and the steering in his truck went out about 1000 feet from our drive. He hit a ditch and was thrown across the road in to another yard. He called a wrecker to tow his truck and walked back to our house to get a different vehicle. Macy didn't have enough energy to walk so he had to carry her back home. Did I mention that it was pouring rain? If you are wondering why we weren't helping him, it is because we had already left for church. When they finally made it to Bessemer(about 70 miles from us), Macy was diagnosed with Parvo. This is pretty unusual for a dog her age. Luckily, because she it is older they think she can be treated and will be fine. They started an IV drip and kept her until today to rehydrate her and get the virus out of her system. Now that she is home, I am force feeding her rice in chicken broth and Pedialyte because she doesn't have an appetite and won't eat on her own. So... I have spent most of my day nursing my baby girl and watching the coverage of Michael Jackson's funeral. What a sad day...maybe tomorrow will be better.The Michael Jackson that I knew and loved in the early 80's. I know there was much controversy in his life, but he was very talented and a great entertainer.

1 comment:

  1. For goodness sake! When we left you all on the 4th, Tyler not being able to eat was the only drama. Bless your hearts! Maybe that is all for a while, it definitely is enough to last a long time.

    ReplyDelete